The no light challenge (toggle sunlight off challenge)

dshall

Will somebody please teach me how to create a rendering of a night time shot of this plan before The Great  Glenn Woodward makes me feel like a dweeb?

It seems like with every new release,  I need to learn the methods all over again.  I have done what I perceive are some great night time (toggle sunlight off) renderings in the past,  so I know it is possible.

I am now working with X7 and I cannot do it.  

I have included the plan and 2  renderings.   One rendering is daytime ,  the other night time.  If I have no light,  wouldn't I see only a black  picture?

post-50-0-79713200-1435087677_thumb.png

BBB NO LIGHT TEST 1.plan.zip

Good Topic Scott , sorry I can't really help but will follow along and learn too....

I think nighttime would be offset by you nighttime ambient lighting in the 3D view defaults though ?   , not sure where I got my settings but they are

52,52 and 0% for the different lighting levels but think OOB is 31,36,18 ? approx.

Thanks Mick.  I struggled with the mystery light CA adds to every 'room'.  My eventual solution was to add a light source set to "All Floors, black color, 100w illumination, no shadows (as I wanted interior lights to cast very visible shadows).  Place that light in each outside "room" and turn off the sun.  The above image is the result.

jon

Thanks for the Tips Jon , added to my Raytrace Notes....  I need to watch what RT videos there are , as the lighting stuff and dealing with glass , like in a custom shower is truly hit and miss at the moment ,though it doesn't seem well documented.

M.