Window in Schedule but not in wall - only hole in wall

mrscott

The title about sums it up - plus the images. The Schedule show the Window count correctly but the window is missing from the elevation and plan views but yet the hole in the wall remains. If I attempt to add a window fill the space my count increases. Where is my window?  :wacko:

post-5149-0-14303100-1435084625_thumb.jpg

post-5149-0-73319100-1435084625_thumb.jpg

Scott,  do you want me to guess some more or do you want to post the plan so you can get a quick answer?

Every time I guess at these things, I am wasting everybody's time.  Just post the plan please instead of wasting everybodies time.

It appears the double doors are on a different layer also.  The "All On" set doesn't have all the layers turned on as I expected.  Make sure they are all on and you will see your missing items and then just check the layer they are on.

Found it....the windows are on a layer called "CAD, Metal Girts".  They were on a different layer.  Looks like it happened while changing layers of something else.

There you go,  post the plan and you have an answer in about 132.38 seconds......... 

I know CA has default layers like Section View and Camera View, which I have no doubt screwed up. Short of opening a template file without using my own layer or anno sets, is there a way to reset those "STOCK" layer to their original settings?

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD THERE SHANE! I'VE NEVER SEEN SUCH A TIGHT BROTHERHOOD OF LIKE-MINDED LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I JUST HOPE I GET THE HANG OF CA BEFORE I BECOME A BURDEN. I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE BACK BUT JUST DON'T KNOW ENOUGH YET TO CONTRIBUTE.

It's obvious that there will never be a "lone" program that will do everything for everybody. I know this CA has been the best for me and I started in early 90s. Tim O'Donnell, David Jefferson Potter, Dean (can't remember last name), Tommy and many more were the rock stars of the last generation. I see that a new crew and some of the old are holding down the fort. Lets stick to problem solving and making this a better program FOR ALL OF US.

Thanks Scott.

The weird thing is with Windows 8.1 Pro is I cannot "Send to Compressed Folder". I have create a FULL BACKUP to my Dropbox account and then compress it. I've attached the error in case that helps.

Thanks,

Don't know if you saw the post earlier in the thread...but if the file size is smaller than 25MB, you can just attach the plan file itself.  Not need to full backup to attach it here.  Just make sure CA is closed out first before attaching the file.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if you saw the post earlier in the thread...but if the file size is smaller than 25MB, you can just attach the plan file itself.  Not need to full backup to attach it here.  Just make sure CA is closed out first before attaching the file.

I did. Thanks Jared