Attic Area ?

Joe_Carrick

Why can we have an "Attic" room on a normal Floor but not on the Attic Floor? 

-and-

Why are there not a "Crawl Space" and "Slab on Grade" rooms for the Foundation Level?  If the Foundation is a Floor like any other then the Rooms should default to these types, not some arbitrary room from the 1st Floor.

Actually, if you de-select the "no room definition" button of the wall DBX for the attic walls on the A level then you can define it as room.

I don't know if this will help you but it is there.

Andy.

Tommy,

My reason is that I want to do a calculation (using Ruby of course) to get the area of Attic Vents compared to the area of the Attic.  I've been working on some automatic tabular reports using Ruby that display such data. 

Window Area vs Floor Area

Foundation Vent Area vs Crawl Space Area

Garage Vent Area vs Garage Area

The above are no problem since it's possible to get all the values and store them in Ruby Global variables.  The problem comes with Attics because there's no easy way to get the Attic Area. 

All of these things are required by code to meet certain minimum standards.  Having Chief automatically calculate and display the date makes it much easier to meet those standards.  It also eliminates the need for met to manually calculate and enter the results as text, not to mention the fact that any changes to the Plan result in the data being automatically updated.