Manual Foundation Not displaying in Elevation view

mrscott

CT Guru's.

I guess I just don't get CA Foundation tool so I have elected to create my own manually. Frankly, I need to be able to do this anyway as I have a Structural Engineer wanting me to do some CAD layouts for him. So my question is two fold.

1) my current plan has a Foundation level but I have all default "Footings" unchecked. You can't delete them so I can only think to hide them and do my own.

2) If I were creating just a Foundation plan and not a model, I would then need to Create the foundation on level 1

Okay, Blank Sheet.

• Created my corner footings from a polyline box with no footings checked in the DBX.. Layer is "FOUNDATION, FOOTINGS")
  • Material is Concrete and fill is Concrete so they look like concrete in plan view 
  • Take an Elevation or Back Clip view and nothing displays (LAYER IS CHECKED - I GOT THAT MUCH)
  • Take 3D Floor Perspective view and all looks great. (WITH ONLY THE Layer "FOUNDATION, FOOTINGS" CHECKED)

What am I doing wrong that the Elevation view are blank.

post-5149-0-46359800-1434739263_thumb.jpg

post-5149-0-39225200-1434739264_thumb.jpg

Perry,

You are absolutely right (LEARN) is the key word. I am learning but there is much to be done in the process of learning all the processes with CA. You, and this community, are an invaluable resource and one I do not take lightly. Many have said there is no single way to do things in CA so I am appealing to all for input.

Thanks again,