Custom Truss Labels

mrscott

Scott, Check the Picattachicon.gifFraming Label.JPG

Joe,

I'm getting lost in the riddles or just too stupid to understand what you're trying to say. To save us both a lot of time, would you be so kind and spell out the steps you think will solve my issue?

Your pic pointed me to "FLOOR JOISTS"!

I want to click on each TRUSS in my plan and provided each with its own individual label name to match the MFG's plan.

If there is a way to use the Floor Joist tool to give every Truss a unique label I would like love to know your idea.

Thanks again,

I think Joe accidentally grabbed a floor joist while trying to show the "specify label" button in the DBX assuming it would be the same for a truss.  The Truss label tab only gives "suppress" or "position or orientation".

Scott,

Jared is correct.  I wasn't aware that the Floor/Ceiling Truss didn't allow Specify Label.

However, if you use the "I-Joist" for Floor Joists you can label them as you want in the Plan View.  They won't look right in the Section (no webs) but you can "fake" that as needed.

Joe,

Sorry but I don't understand your point..."Specify Label". That option is not available on a "Floor Truss".

I was in your exact situation a couple weeks ago Scott. I just turned off the labels and added my own text boxes. It would be nice if we could override the automatic labels for trusses. I understand why Chief automates the labels to coordinate with the truss details, but they should come up with a system that allows us to change the label. Also allowing us to renumber them, similar to how we can do with items in a schedule would be nice. Numbering them in the order we draw them doesn't always work the greatest.  

I was in your exact situation a couple weeks ago Scott. I just turned off the labels and added my own text boxes. It would be nice if we could override the automatic labels for trusses. I understand why Chief automates the labels to coordinate with the truss details, but they should come up with a system that allows us to change the label. Also allowing us to renumber them, similar to how we can do with items in a schedule would be nice. Numbering them in the order we draw them doesn't always work the greatest.  

I spoke to CA about this yesterday and believe they agree. What I struggle with is how much detail is too much detail. In my case, and from a liability stance, submitting, all stamped and or certified documents separately in the permitting phase is a more plausible solution.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions,