Dimensions

myrtsbnye

Me again with a newbie question. I am used to Autocad and Revit when it comes to dimensioning.

I find using the dimensions in Chief Architect quite difficult to impossible so I am assuming I am doing it wrong.

My biggest pet peeve is when I am drawing and I pick a wall to verify it's location CA will then show some temp dimensions. These dimensions are invariably to the wrong walls or on the wrong side of the wall, etc. I invariably have to grab my calculator to add or subtract wall thicknesses, or add dimensions because the dimensions shown are to a different wall, etc.  Is there a way to cycle through dimensions?

Does this make any sense?

Me again with a newbie question. I am used to Autocad and Revit when it comes to dimensioning.

I find using the dimensions in Chief Architect quite difficult to impossible so I am assuming I am doing it wrong.

My biggest pet peeve is when I am drawing and I pick a wall to verify it's location CA will then show some temp dimensions. These dimensions are invariably to the wrong walls or on the wrong side of the wall, etc. I invariably have to grab my calculator to add or subtract wall thicknesses, or add dimensions because the dimensions shown are to a different wall, etc. Is there a way to cycle through dimensions?

Does this make any sense?

Place your own dimensions and use those instead. You can also turn off temporary dimensions.

Under default settings, you can also change the temporary dimension settings to something that works better for you. 

I find I am in and out of here often depending on what I am doing and what I need "located"

note that if you draw a manual Dim. you won't get a Temp. Dim in the same location or nearby , it has been suggested to change this behaviour to always on BTW.

M.