Half Wall Above Door Opening?

ACADuser

I now this has been discussed before but i can;t find an easy solution.

Master BR with large closet. The wall between them needs to stop short of the ceiling to provide an area for a display shelf.

If I use a Half Wall it will not fill in over the closet door. If I use a standard wall & ceiling plane to cut the wall the upper ceiling plans disappears.

This is a 3 story building & attic & I don't want to add another floor or start messing about with ceiling heights.

Is there an easy fix for this?

post-2435-0-14626400-1434143661_thumb.png

I now this has been discussed before but i can;t find an easy solution.

Master BR with large closet. The wall between them needs to stop short of the ceiling to provide an area for a display shelf.

If I use a Half Wall it will not fill in over the closet door. If I use a standard wall & ceiling plane to cut the wall the upper ceiling plans disappears.

This is a 3 story building & attic & I don't want to add another floor or start messing about with ceiling heights.

Is there an easy fix for this?

Yeah,  how about a pony wall with the top half of wall being defined as a material that is invisible.

OH, the railing wild be the top of the wall segment.

Clever idea. I would thing 4 1/2 x 22 in my case.

Only the full wall method supports casings.

Off the play tennis this AM.

Thanks for all the feedback. Lots of clever folks here. :)

Scott,

I meant "above the Door - full width of the closet".  I really like your solution better but I might use a slab or custom countertop rather than a flat roof plane for the "shelf".  In these cases I'm not really concerned with the "framing".

This pic shows the walls simply pulled down with a 5" thick counter top (material is drywall) covering the room.  As I said - framing is not a concern.

post-47-0-15697400-1434204093_thumb.jpg

This pic shows the walls simply pulled down with a 5" thick counter top (material is drywall) covering the room.  As I said - framing is not a concern.

So Joe it looks like that may be the easiest solution.

You may need to use NEXT to get to the polyline wall object in camera view.

Then add a soffit if you need a shelf deck at the top of the wall