Printing Problem

Larry_Sweeney

I'm not sure what the problem is because it has never happened before. I made a cad detail of a door section. All layers used and lines are black. When I did a print preview the drawing shows as having grey lines, but the dimensions are black. (attachment) I've unchecked "Print in Color" and it's still the same. I've checked my printer setup to make sure it's not to grayscale and it isn't. I'm either drawing straws at this point or I'm having a "brain fart"  :(  Am I missing something very simple? As always, all help is greatly appreciated

post-76-0-14619900-1434121667_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure what the problem is because it has never happened before. I made a cad detail of a door section. All layers used and lines are black. When I did a print preview the drawing shows as having grey lines, but the dimensions are black. (attachment) I've unchecked "Print in Color" and it's still the same. I've checked my printer setup to make sure it's not to grayscale and it isn't. I'm either drawing straws at this point or I'm having a "brain fart"  :(  Am I missing something very simple? As always, all help is greatly appreciated

attachicon.gifDOOR SECTION.JPG

In your picture you have PRINT IN COLOR checked.  Uncheck it.  And then,  go to PREFERENCES<APPEARANCE<DISPLAY<COLOR OFF IS< and check BLACK & WHITE,  do not check GRAYSCALE.

Let me know if this works,  I am curious...... 

BTW,  if this works,  this is the Perry Solution  that I learned from him a while back.  That guy is pretty smart.  

Alan.........my dpi only goes down to 300

Scott..........Shown in the attachment was how my preferences were set up-------just as you said they should be.

post-76-0-72618500-1434157988_thumb.jpg

Sorry I didn't get back to you all before this. I was called to a job site to work out a problem.

Okay, I think I found the problem. My lineweight was set to 1 for my cad lines. (?) I changed the lineweight to 18 and the lines showed black in the "Print View". To double check the problem I changed the lineweight of the dimensions to 1 and they showed as grey in the "Print View". I'm not positive, but I don't think I had this problem in previous versions. I'll have to review X5 and X6 and see if this same anomaly shows up in those versions. Does anyone else want to check this out also just to confirm it is just not my printer?

Perry........I did not want them grey. I wanted them black. If they are set to be black shouldn't they show as black even though the lineweight is only 1? I'm not quite sure how the lineweight got set to one. This was an older plan that I brought into X7. Not only are a lot of my lineweights wrong but 2/3's of my linetypes are not correct when I brought this plan forward into X7. This plan came from X5.

I put a number one line weight on a cade line with another one next to it in grey (one line grey and one line black) and it printed out one in grey and one in black. Then I unchecked "print in color" and they both printed in black. So its all working with me and im running X7