Chief Won't Launch In Windows 8

Certeza

Switched computers recently and migrated to windows 8. Chief was working fine for a month or so, but I just tried to launch the app and it says that it needs admin privilages to run. I only have one user setup on this computer and it is the admin. I get a message that says the app is going to relaunch with a prompt for admin privilages, but then I get an error from windows saying that there are two versions running simultaneously, so it won't launch at all.

Any ideas?

I have a surface with Windows 8. I have often tried to open up a new session not realizing that there is already a session running due to the way that Windows 8 hides the running applications rather than clearly displaying them in the task bar like in version 7.

Switched computers recently and migrated to windows 8. Chief was working fine for a month or so, but I just tried to launch the app and it says that it needs admin privilages to run. I only have one user setup on this computer and it is the admin. I get a message that says the app is going to relaunch with a prompt for admin privilages, but then I get an error from windows saying that there are two versions running simultaneously, so it won't launch at all.

Any ideas?

I had this happen to me the other day. I didn't have CA open. I went to the task manager and it showed that Chief was running. Don't know why, but told it to shut it down and all was fine. This only happened once.

Solution.....

There were not two sessions running. There was a preferences problems in chief. To fix it, I had to figure out how to get it to launch. David Potter was correct.

1. Go to task manager to ensure no sessions are running already.

2. Right click and select run as admin.

3. Edit > Preferences > reset the "remember selection" setting to defaults.

This solves the problem.