Bay, Bow And Box Windows

cjanderson66

Can somebody please tell me how to change the height of Bay, Bow and Box windows?  I can figure out how to change the finish floor height but no where does it give me the opportunity to change the actual window height.  Whatever window I decide to use it always make the windows a consistent height of 36".  There has got to be a simple answer for this one.  When I click on the window the only edit I can do it the bay window size itself and not the individual windows.

Now, don't judge my rendering of my house as it is existing and I am remodeling it for a client.

Thanks

post-64-0-10783700-1433977752_thumb.jpg

post-64-0-21942800-1433978141_thumb.jpg

Yeah not sure what you guys are doing but when I select the Bay window it only gives me a dialog box that modifies the overall window and not the actual window sizes even when I hit the tab key.  The tab key does absolutely nothing in regards to a pre-fab bay, bow and box window.  I have found that the only way to do this is manually create a bay window with a pass through in the wall and then make my own.  A little more time to create but without all the headache.  Why even have a tab button that creates these window if they are not modifiable.

post-64-0-74629700-1434130026_thumb.jpg

When you select the Bay , do it by clicking ON the window you want to modify, then hit Tab and the selection should shift to the window itself , then you can open it to alter it's size , casings etc etc as normal.

M.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I finally figured it out with all of your help but it seems to work just fine with a box window and a bay window but there is no option for changing anything with a bow window.  Has anyone else created a bow window and tried using the tab key to change the window configuration.  

Just to update... You can modify a Bow window but only from the plan view and not from the elevation view.  Also a bow window will only allow you to change one window and it will make the rest of the windows the same without the possiblity of making other windows fixed or operable 

I see where you are going with this Joe.  But let's say you have a 5 window boy window and you don't want 5 casement window you only want the 2 outside ones to be operable, this does not give you the option.  I know that most of my clients will be dealing with the contractor and that the window bid will be going out to Pella or to Andersen but I am just Anal I guess.  There are a lot of querks that I like and really don't like about CA and I am trying to work around them in different ways coming from an ACAD user.  Sections is really a big one for me since I had be drawing everything in AutoCAD  as I did by hand for many years and when a contractor used to say to me that my plans were off I could just prove him wrong but I guess it just takes practice and getting better at the program and making it right.  I guess it is just the learning curve frustration.

The reason I asked is that for the Manfactured Units I prefer to use a "Window Symbol" rather than Chiefs' Window Tool.  I can create the Symbol to the exact size and specification. 

As far as Sections and Details are concerned I totally use Chiefs' Tools to create and detail those.  It's pretty remarkable how fast and accurate they can be.  Now if only we could get automatic annotation to go along with that it would be really great.

I hear ya on that Joe and automatic annotation to read our minds so we could produce plans faster and make more money and have more time off to enjoy life again.  I can't complain that I am super busy but I do enjoy playing a bit more golf and fish.

So when you say a window symbol, I am assuming that you are taking from a Pella, marvin or Andersen library and inserting it into the plan.  I have not actually tried it yet, but I am getting there