Skylight Symbol - Roof Accessories Schedule

Joe_Carrick

Here's a little trick I learned today. I created a Symbol for a Skylight as an Exterior Fixture. I used a Fixture Schedule which I titled "Roof Accessories" and I limited it to "Outdoor" Fixtures and set the Label to use a Triangular Callout. The result is a Schedule that shows the Skylights, etc.

post-47-0-49818100-1433953783_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-71517100-1433953797_thumb.jpg

Skylight.calibz

Here's a little trick I learned today.  I created a Symbol for a Skylight as an Exterior Fixture.

I used a Fixture Schedule which I titled "Roof Accessories" and I limited it to "Other" Fixtures and set the Label to use a Triangular Callout.

The result is a Schedule that shows the Skylights, etc.

Interesting,  does it auto cut  hole in roof?  How does it deal with scissor trusses?  Is it a problem that you no longer have access to a fixture schedule  (not a problem for me).  Can you change the size of the hole in the ceiling,  i.e. flared skylight well).

Interesting, does it auto cut hole in roof? How does it deal with scissor trusses? Is it a problem that you no longer have access to a fixture schedule (not a problem for me). Can you change the size of the hole in the ceiling, i.e. flared skylight well).

The Symbol does not auto-cut the hole in the roof. You need to put a "Chief Skylight" with a 1/16" tall frame in the Roof to cut the hole. The Symbol can sit on top of that hole.

It's Chief's Skylight Hole that would deal with framing.

You still have access to a Fixture Schedule - since this one is limited to "Outdoor".

Fixture Schedules can be limited to any combination of the following:

Plumbing

Appliances

HVAC

Indoor

Outdoor

Other - this seems to encompass (all) which IMO it shouldn't

Ceiling Hole is standard Chief Skylight - Ceiling Options.

Basically this Symbol is just so it can be in a Schedule. There are a few other possibilities that can solve some of the 3D/2D inconsistencies. By making a Library of Symbols matched to Roof Slopes with corresponding "z" offsets we could get a proper 2D CAD Block and projected dimensions. But Chief should really fix that anyway.

BTW, I could have used a Furniture Schedule but sometimes Skylights require 110v electrical so the Fixture Schedule is a better fit.

Another note about how and where I put Skylights.  I use the Attic Floor for my Skylights and I put them on a custom  Layer "Roofs, Accessories" so that I have better control of the display using Layer Sets.

I wish Chief would also give us the acrylic dome type skylights also, badly needed for a long time.

Round or Rectangular?  Round would be pretty easy.  Rectangular would be a bit more difficult but I could come close.

BTW, have you checked 3D Warehouse?

I have not checked, but I use mostly rectangular. This is pretty standard stuff and really should be included in Chief. Right now I just settle for the flat one, and adjust in elevation for the dome line.

Round or Rectangular?  Round would be pretty easy.  Rectangular would be a bit more difficult but I could come close.

BTW, have you checked 3D Warehouse?

Am I missing some thing???? This is just as simple as drawing a rectangular room and auto building roofs!!

post-2517-0-62728200-1434028687_thumb.jpg

post-2517-0-85919800-1434028697_thumb.jpg