Dimensions With "dimentia"

Geyatautsilvsgi

I need assistance super fast. I have a plan that I am working on that I am trying to finish before leaving on vacation this Friday. Out of now where my dimensions have started going crazy! I can't get any to stick to the center point of walls or openings, I can't get any of them to move in any direction once placed on the plan. I do not have the layer locked or anything else.

• I've tried resetting all to defaults - no luck
  • I have tried using manual - no luck
  • I have tried using automatic - no luck
  • I have tried opening and closing the plan - no luck

There has to be a simple solution to all this, there most always is... I just can't seem to find it. So if any of you ladies & gents have any suggesetions I am ALL ears.

Even if Defaults are set in "Locate Objects" to "Interior Wall Centers" one still has to zoom in to place dimension points to a wall's center (they should go there when set properly in Defaults - Locate Objects) but when manually adjusting or editing dimension points you MUST zoom in to do so.

DJP

I ran into this problem the other day with a plan I had begun to work on. Even though I had both Temporary Dimension Defaults as well as Dimension Defaults set to Locate Interior Wall Centers they simply would not.I closed the plan, opened a new one and the problem was resolved. Weird stuff.

I did a search of this Forum and there was one other post with a similar issue.

Chief's Vista...I hope not.

X7 appears to be ART's "VISTA". I'm afraid to upgrade due to my old desktop.

I don't believe that X7 is CA's Vista.  You mentioned you have an old desktop and I can understand not upgrading on it being an old desktop.  However, you will have that same concern when X8 comes out.  So the concern appears to be more of your hardware being able to handle X7 rather than X7 itself.