Make A "vertical" Hole In A Slab (Like A Window)

architect

Sure, just draw a Polyline where you want the hole, and on the Edit Toolbar convert that to a Polyline Solid and then check the box that says "Hole in Polyline Solid".

Note that both Polyline Solids have to be created in the same view.

It does in fact work like a charm if both solids are created in an elevation view.

I does not seem to function otherwise....I get a "no polyline of same type found" message.

I was trying to model a complicated foundation with some different top of wall conditions and piers etc.

The polyline "wall" I am trying to build needs to be created in plan and the "holes" made in elevation.

I think I will go back to modifying "real" walls and openings and adding solid polylines for piers and notch in walls.

Another add to the 'Chief Architect Commercial' requested feature list...

Integral concrete wall piers(engaged pilasters)with variable sized pier footings and top of pier heights.

Thanks again..

or...another way.

in elevation, select the polysolid, on the Edit toolbar select Create Hole.

Draw a hole on your polysolid

Glen, it appears that the Create Hole option is only available for p-solids created in a particular view, IOW if you create it in plan view you can make a hole while in plan view, but not when you switch to elevation view.

If you create a polyline solid in plan view, you can still cut a hole in it while in an elevation.  To do so:

-  Select the polyline solid and "Convert To Solid"

-  Build another polyline solid that passes through the area where you want the "window" (make sure its extends completely through the first solid that was created) and convert that one to a solid as well.

-  Select the first solid that was created, click on "Solid Subtraction" and then click on the 2nd solid that was created.