How to remove lines between wall & half-wall in elevation?

Christina_Girerd

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

I have  a wall with an opening in the middle with half-walls on either side of the opening.  When I do an elevation view on one side, the lines between the wall and half-wall show, but when I do an elevation view on the other side, they don't - usually.  In plan view, the walls are the same width.  I tried this configuration in a new plan, and had similar inconsistencies.  See the attached pics.  I don't want the line between to show as the wall surface should be continuous.  Any suggestions?  I know I can do photoshop if needed, but wondered if I'm missing a setting or something.  I assume the wall construction should be the same for each, as I don't believe I have changed the default.

post-772-0-70404100-1396046030_thumb.jpg

post-772-0-67534500-1396046038_thumb.jpg

post-772-0-64816800-1396046048_thumb.jpg

• Solution

Christina,

I assume it is Chief trying to wrap the external wall layer around the end of the Railing wall. 

The lines don't appear:

1. With a single layer wall

2. With a non railing wall. ie, use a normal wall and pull its height down from the top.

or, probably the easiest:

3. Draw a very short Room Divider Wall at 90deg to the joint between the rail and the wall. 

Do the lines show up once you send it to layout. Many times once an elevation is sent to layout these types of lines are gone. If they are still there in layout you always have the option of editing (eraseing) the line in layout. If you do edit lines in layout make sure it's the last thing you do in yout layout. This is because if you happen to open the layout window you edited you will lose all your editing.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I had originally wanted to break the wall like Glenn and Bill suggested, but couldn't get the corner points to show and thought maybe that was something I was remembering from an older version.  But after you mentioned it, I looked into it some more and finally figured out I wasn't clicking close enough to the edge of the wall.  I obviously haven't used that feature in a while!  So that works great.