Foundation

pazzfam

Hi

I know enough of Chief to be dangerous that is all I can get a plan out

My biggest problem is creating foundation and beam column plans.

I work in Florida grew up in Buffalo  A house in Florida is like a basement in Buffalo We build with a monolithic foundation / block walls / bond or tie beam then trusses

My first question is I draw with nominal dimensions 8" block so in the wall dbx is 1/2" stucco 8" block (main layer) 1/2" drywall  Interior 1/2" drywall 4" stud (main Layer ) 1/2" drywall  

so the plan scales 8" ext /  4" int Do a lot of people draw with exact measurement and have to deal with fractions ect.?

The second problem when I got o draw the foundation plan and use chief it shows exterior outline but not my opening In Florida it is the foundation plan we do all our steel for slab  we

use dowel bars to go up thru to bond beam I have to show all the steel and openings we need to put vertical steel to roof by each opening

The way I accomplish this is by drawing floor plan I place all my doors and windows using  rough opening I then go to plan foot print it leaves me with all dimensions and opening but with out hatching in walls then cad to view where I detail

Problem is the wall turn to 9" it incorporates all my layers ( 1/2 stucco / 8" block / 1/2" drywall ) and leaves a clean look but 9" which is tricky to scale all the detail and steel. I need 8" for floor plans

I have to change each wall carefully by toking off the 1/2" ext the 1/2" int to get exactly what I need Does anyone have a better way

Second problem I have separated from model and any changes the customer wants  is a pain to change   

I am including a plan to show what I mean  Anyone that can teach me I would pay for their time 

Thanks

Adam

BRIAN FINAL 7 1.27-Layout.pdf

Problem is the wall turn to 9" it incorporates all my layers ( 1/2 stucco / 8" block / 1/2" drywall ) and leaves a clean look but 9" which is tricky to scale all the detail and steel. I need 8" for floor plans

Nice set of plans.  To resolve your issue,  try turning on the layer .....   WALLS,  MAIN LAYER ONLY....  this should give you only the main layer,  no drywall etc.,  also play with turning the........   WALLS,  LAYERS    ........ on and off.

I can not thank you enough. I wish i posted 10 years ago I think I will be able to make the plan footprint with main layer for wall only tuned on can be the foundation plan and it is still attached. I would of save 4 hours yesterday alone

Thanks Again

Adam