Can I Paint The Inside Of A Cabinet?

SusanC

Joe, I just now tested that...  see above image.

jon

I don't see anything that shows differences in the Cabinet.  Can you post the Symbol so i can check it?

I'm talking about changing the "Front".  It has long been the case that a Cabinet imported from any other app comes in as a base cabinet with a counter top and no ability to change the front configuration.  IOW, you can't add doors or drawers.  You can't edit the width of the Face Frame.  Essentially the only things you can change are materials and the size and/or existence of the Counter Top.

...Another problem with using a Cabinet as Michael outlined is that you would also need to make it Frameless so that the inside cabinet won't show if there's no Door(s) on the outside cabinet.  There is also the depth issue because you wouldn't want the "liner" to cover the Face Frame at top and bottom.  It's really just the box that would be "lined".

Very true.  I thought about one of those issues after my initial post.  The added steps of changing the liner to a frameless cabinet and dragging the front back an additional 11/16" should solve those problems for any face frame situations. 

To solve the visible inside cabinet issue, the difference in overall dimensions could be further reduced to 1/16" or even 1/32".  I think for most situations 1/8" would be fine and would limit the possibility of any z-fighting.  The 1/16" of exposed "liner" shouldn't be enough to cause any problems for 3D views, and the "liners" could be put on a different layer which could be turned off for any 2D details.

I've only had to do about 3 of these in the last five years- Pic attached. Depended on the situation what I decided.

The hardest was the the one with side access glass- attached one version of that plan for reference. Built entirely from parts- Black and brown was the easiest- 1-1/2 wide cabinet- bookcase in brown, 1-1/2 in cabinet and a valance to join them.

Mahogany with angled cabinets had glass shelves so just used psolids side and back to make the white interior- (lot of $$ to display toy soldiers)

If you only need the back of the cabinet to be different you can use a wall material region and increase the depth, we already have control of shelves. Not that I'd put terra cotta subway tiles in a cabinet.

post-85-0-41026900-1433610349_thumb.png

post-85-0-64747000-1433610379_thumb.png