Glass not opaque in French door

Larry_Sweeney

First off, or should I say SECOND OFF. I wrote all this before, hit the post and it supposedly posted, when I went back to Q & A it wasn't there. This posting problem is really starting to P*** me off! Some day some how I'm going to find where those post get posted. Oh well, that's a whole other subject.

I'm going to try this again......

I was working on an elevation and I noticed that in one of my French doors the glass wasn't opaque. All the other windows and doors in this elevation and the other elevations were opaque. I picked this up when I noticed two opening indicators showing on the French door. This is when I realized the glass wasn't opaque. The "other" door that is showing (I painted yellow to show up better) is at the other end of a hall from the French door. In the attachment I show part of the elevation and the floor plan where the French door is located. I'm pretty sure the cause of this is due to the way I installed the door, but I don't know how else this could be done. I made a doorway in the block wall and then installed the French door in the framed wall because I want the door to be able to swing against the wall in the hallway. This is as you would do it in the "real world". I tried changing the "double wall" to all three of the different options for double walls and it didn't change the problem of the opaque glass. I suppose as a work around I could just put a p-solid behind the door, "paint" it white and have it turned on for this elevation anno set, but I thought maybe I'm just going about the door installation wrong. Has anyone had this happen to them or know the correct way of installing this door so the glass is opaque? Would this be considered a bug?

post-76-0-47584600-1396031085_thumb.jpg

Larry,

I'm not sure I understand the problem at all.  There should be an opening indicator for the French Door - at least that's what I would expect unless you specifically ask for it to be suppressed.  It wouldn't have anything to do with if the glass was opaque or not.

Joe............The problem is that the French door's glass isn't opaque and it should be. All the other glass in this and the other elevations are opaque. The question is why isn't the glass in this French door opaque? When I mentioned the opening indicators was how I noticed that the glass wasn't opaque. The opening indicator has nothing to do with the problem of the "non-opaque" glass. Sorry for the confusion.

Bill..........I deleted the door and then copied a door from the second floor that showed correctly (opaque glass) in elevation. Once the copied door was in the double wall the glass was no longer opaque. I had done this early on in trying to trouble shoot the problem. I did a work around using the p-solid like I talked about. I think this is a Bug, but I've been wrong many times before. I'll post the plan through Dropbox. The p-solid is the layer named "Door, masking". I think I turned it off before sending the plan file.

Here's the link.    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49042923/BOYD%20STATION%2003282014.zip

You might also check that Door dbx, Material Tab and see what the name of the Glass is. I beleve it must specifically be "Door Glass" in order for it to follow the dictates of that Checkbox. The material you select will be irrellevant, but the name in the dbx is (I think) important.

Confirmed.....  I tried one of my Pocket Sliding Doors and assigned a Glass Material to a Panel of the Door Symbol.  It always shows as opaque regardless of the setting of that Checkbox.

• 4 months later...

Larry,

What about this setting in the Camera Defaults?  I think that it's probably applied to the Door when placed.

Thank you so much, Joe.  I was having the same problem with my non-opaque windows, and knew there had to be a setting somewhere.  I appreciate your answer!