pdf files

chief58

I am having trouble printing a pdf file and never had this problem before, I make a pdf file and save it, it opens in adobe reader X1, here is where the problem starts and it started happen in my previous version of adobe reader, I will go to print and when I print I get the attached messages, does anyone have a clue.

I do realize that and I am not trying to play games just having a hard time with capturing what I want to send and uploading it, one of those days that can't end fast enough, and I guess I am not understanding what exactly you want me to send, i just printed a pdf tile from my quicken file and opened it up and it printed to one of my printers with no problem that is whats the confusing part, I will try to work on it over the weekend or see if I can get one of my tech guys to look at it. 

Thanks for trying 

I do realize that and I am not trying to play games just having a hard time with capturing what I want to send and uploading it, one of those days that can't end fast enough, and I guess I am not understanding what exactly you want me to send, i just printed a pdf tile from my quicken file and opened it up and it printed to one of my printers with no problem that is whats the confusing part, I will try to work on it over the weekend or see if I can get one of my tech guys to look at it. 

Thanks for trying

Your doing good but they just need a screen shot of the dialog box from after you tell it to print it has a lot of setting and you may have a setting wrong

old school method:

prtscr captures everything on the screen

alt-prtscr captures the active window only

then paste into a photo editor and save as .jpg

starting with Vista windows has a built-in screen capture feature (I've never used it yet)

Lew

Thanks for trying 

It would be good to see the PRINT DBX.  For example, you may have the radio button selcted that says "Print pages" or "Pages" and you may not have selected any pages.  There are other possibilities as well, but that one immediately comes to mind.

Well folks not sure but this morning it is working so far I had 8gb of memory in my computer, I ordered more and it came late yesterday so this morning I put it in the computer and tried it and it working not sure if this was the problem the computer know has 16gb, I attached a screen capture or the settings just in case someone sees something that I need to change. Seems like with the old memory it would do small pdf's but not larger ones.

Thanks for everyone's help great group of people on here

post-439-0-60331500-1396100824_thumb.jpg

Your success at printing may have come from that fact that your rebooted your computer. There may be something going on with one of the programs you are running which is building up a memory loss and you need to periodically reboot to clear it. Just a theory but often when you run into something that does not make sense, rebooting is the answer.

I am having trouble printing a pdf file and never had this problem before, I make a pdf file and save it, it opens in adobe reader X1, here is where the problem starts and it started happen in my previous version of adobe reader, I will go to print and when I print I get the attached messages, does anyone have a clue.

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM YESTERDAT WITH x5