Problem With Roof - Possible To Cut A Section Of Roof?

NCDCHIEFID

Hi, I'm new to Chief and learning the program. I've come across a problem I can't find a solution to: I'm trying to replicate a project previously completed in CAD, and I need to trim or cut a section out of the roof in front of a dormer.

If anyone could help out, or even point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. 

See attachments, the first is CA and the second is what I'm trying to do.

Thanks,

Ryan

post-4569-0-16489500-1433369914_thumb.png

post-4569-0-21851000-1433369932_thumb.png

Or create cad polyline( probably rectangle) on the area you want to cut, select the roof and click on the command "substract p lines" from the bottom menu that appears after selection, then click on the rectangular p line. You will find that portion of roof cut, just an other way to go with it.

Hi Ryan, have you got SSA, if so you can view some training videos on roofing online from the CA website that will show you step by step how to edit roof planes, build roofs and add automatic dormers etc. Specific to your problem you may have to change the settings of the upper dormer room and or the room underneath so the roof will not automatically build around it? You need to enter the room dialog box to change how the roof will build over the rooms in question.