Having Trouble With Monoslab Foundation And Garage

Chucky843

Im having trouble setting the height of the foundation under the main house and under the garage.  How would i make the garage for lower then the rest of the slab. The hight of the slab is 36" off the ground. and the garage slab should be on the ground.

How would i set the hight of the main slab 36" off the ground. I can't seem to find clear instructions for this.

post-4493-0-01225200-1433348668_thumb.png

post-4493-0-48887400-1433348669_thumb.png

If your room is set correctly than it should work if you have built the foundation. Before building the foundation you get a virtual slab( not real) and I have noticed the Garage sometimes not working. By looking at your pic's, I can't tell if it's a virtual or real built foundation. If you did build the foundation, then try to adjust your garage height at that level with auto on. Post the plan if you really want the correct answer.

How would i set the hight of the main slab 36" off the ground. I can't seem to find clear instructions for this.

It might be easier to just lower the garage slab 36": ROOM SPECIFICATION>STRUCTURE>FLOOR©: -3'

post-95-0-28372600-1433351170_thumb.png

You can easily modify Perry's plan with some elevation lines and a terrain break:

post-95-0-94549500-1433352098_thumb.png

It would help if you could tell us how you intend to build. Is the main house slab-on-grade? Do you need frost-walls? Etc.

looking at the cross section , your monoslab doesn't have a brick ledge and your Walls are defined to only build the Foundation as wide as your Framing , not the Brick., so you brick is hanging in mid air.

M.

in the brick wall definition set the foundation to build to the brick line (at bottom of the dbx)

and in the foundation wall definition set a brick ledge to say 3"  ( brick depth) and for a  1/2" overhang  set the foundation Offset to 1/2 too

(same location in dbx but at top of section.)

Mick

edit : you need to rebuild the foundation too if it's not on Auto.

post-315-0-29749900-1433364215_thumb.jpg