Radius Corners

builtright3

Joey,

I have all rounded corner bead in my house and used it on a few jobs.I don't think it can do that, I would use ID label referenced to a  CAD detail of that corner with the same label number, unless someone tried to do that and its possible to do.

Here is an example if it helps, just change the CRN Bead Radius if it's different.

post-4069-0-70975500-1433280500_thumb.jpg

Greg, Thanks for the nice detail. I'm going to use it :)

I'm doing some lighting that is recessed into the ceiling and the opening is 6' octagon shape with radius bead. I know how to make it work to look right in 3D but it would be easier to just check a box that say's "Radius Corners" or "Square Corners". How nice would that be!

Thanks Guys. I guess I knew what the answer would be.

Might not be a perfect solution, but you can change your wall definition to make the drywall layer "No material", use wall material region tool to apply a new 1/2" drywall layer, drag all your outside corners back 1/2" or 5/8" (depending on your drywall thickness), build a slab, polyline solid or whatever tool you want to create the radius corner and then copy and paste that to all your outside corners.

Here's a crappy video with no sound...

http://screencast.com/t/5WNeemgZ5gI

A typical outside corner can be done with a double wall. The first wall has the framing layer and drywall on one face, and the second wall is just drywall. The radius is created at the corner in the second wall.  It takes a little time to set up, but it can be copied and pasted around the plan.

The radius wrap at the windows can be achieved in an automated way through the creative use of window attachments. I use a custom symbol that is applied as a "blind".

I can elaborate in the morning if want to pursue this.

There is no perfect solution, but these methods work well once set up.