Mouse Guidance, Mine Is Sticking

dshall

One of the reasons I use hot keys is because I am not very coordinated with the mouse.  I was watching Alan Lehman the other day at our workshop,  and that guy was so smooth and quick with his mouse,  similar to the Moakster's technique.

Anyway,  my present cheapo logitech mouse is "sticking",  you know,  not super responsive.  Does anybody have any tips on how to make this cheapo mouse perform better (it's a couple of years old,  or do I need to buy another?

If I need to buy another,  is there a mouse you would recommend......  I do not need all the fancy buttons,  I use the hot keys.  I think I need the USB cable  (not wireless).

One thing I've had problems with is putting the wireless receiver too far from the mouse. They definitely seem to work better if you can use a USB port that's closer to the mouse. I have some right on the front of my computer that I use for that purpose.

You might also want to try changing out the batteries if you haven't already.

One thing I've had problems with is putting the wireless receiver too far from the mouse. They definitely seem to work better if you can use a USB port that's closer to the mouse. I have some right on the front of my computer that I use for that purpose.

You might also want to try changing out the batteries if you haven't already.

Thanks,  I was not clear,  I am presently using a hard wired mouse.  No batteries are being used now.

I use wired Microsoft's Comfort Mouse 6000. I had this mouse for years and been using for modeling work which is requiring more precision mouse movement. I also use ALLSOP mouse pad with with high sensitization and that gives you a flawless connection with the mouse. When doing work in sketchup big help comes from 3D Connexion navigator, to bad its not available for CA yet, I think the only function works with CA is zoom.

I hope it helps

P.S I have a landscaping design program on my laptop and I use wireless mouse and it sucks.

I use a pretty basic Kensington MO1129. Full sized mouse with the USB cable. I found the wireless to be too fickle. Nothing fancy in the settings. I don't even have the Kensington drivers. Mid range speed for the pointer speed seems to work for me. The mouse has 5 buttons but I don't use anything beyond left, right and the scroll wheel.

Scott,

Is it happening on all Plans?  What about a completely blank plan from one of Chiefs' OOB Templates?

The reason I ask is that if you have poorly written macros in your Plan, they may be interfering with the mouse, causing it to appear to stick or be jerky.  Of course, just too much 3D geometry could also have an effect but bad macros are more likely.

Scott,

Is it happening on all Plans?  What about a completely blank plan from one of Chiefs' OOB Templates?

The reason I ask is that if you have poorly written macros in your Plan, they may be interfering with the mouse, causing it to appear to stick or be jerky.  Of course, just too much 3D geometry could also have an effect but bad macros are more likely.

Joe,  it is happening with all apps...  the stickiness comes and goes.

The mouse is sick.  Buy a new one - not the cheapest but probably no more expensive than what you spend for your on course libations.  ;)

Hey Joe,  speaking of golf,  I have a 1:52 tee time this Thursday at RBI. Are you interested?  Bruce,  Yngva and myself.