The Round Window With Lights Challenge

dshall

Take a look at the picture of window.  Do you think you can turn this into a round window with a vertical and horizontal mullion?  I don't think so  (unless you use custom mullions).  Why can't we have a round fixed glass window with a vertical and horizontal mullion.

I thought at one time we could.....  I check with X6 and not possible....   maybe I could with X3......

post-50-0-96858400-1433255258_thumb.png

The only thing I can do is make a round window and using room poly-L I was able to put horizontal mullion but not vertical. I guess like you said, it has to be done custom with a symbol. 

That would be another nice option to add since most round windows have different shape mullions.

Custom mutins it is.....  I could of sworn I could do it via dvx,  this is what Brian says...

Scott,
The only way I see to do this currently is to use custom muntins. I have logged a request to added the ability to do this automatically.
I also verified that this works the same way all the way back to v10.
Thanks

Wrong again Mr. Hall.

Custom mutins it is.....  I could of sworn I could do it via dvx,  this is what Brian says...

Wrong again Mr. Hall.

I think there is a way to do that!

Will you try it? Here is it, the picture. shall I post it or wait scott's approval.

post-2517-0-85329700-1433267496_thumb.jpg

I think there is a way to do that!

Will you try it? Here is it, the picture. shall I post it or wait scott's approval.

Yusuf,  I approve.  I just wish I knew what I was approving.  You are showing me a picture like Joe's picture.  I am assuming you used custom mutins.  If you did  not use custom muntins,  I have no idea how you did it.

Yusuf,  I approve.  I just wish I knew what I was approving.  You are showing me a picture like Joe's picture.  I am assuming you used custom mutins.  If you did  not use custom muntins,  I have no idea how you did it.

Here is the plan with c w. Not using any custom things, auto setting in chief's window

circular window 3.plan

Here is the plan with c w. Not using any custom things, auto setting in chief's window

Well,  that is clever.....  another pick your poison choice.  With your solution the auto label will give you the wrong label  (double hung window)  so that needs to be fixed,  and then if you look closely,  you can see there is an imperfection in a 3D view,  minor,  but it is there.

Thanks Yusuf.

post-50-0-64484200-1433268423_thumb.png

I was attempting Yusuf's approach, but missed the Ray Count. I don't even know what Ray Count is for.

In an arch (only) you get one more piece of glass than the raycount  you set , so in this case you get 2 pieces of glass

Thanks, all of you. It is well if that worked.

thanks once again Yusef for a nice workaround.

In an arch (only) you get one more piece of glass than the raycount you set , so in this case you get 2 pieces of glass

thanks once again Yusef for a nice workaround.

Mick, thanks.

I was attempting Yusuf's approach, but missed the Ray Count. I don't even know what Ray Count is for.

Me too, I was not aware of this ray count, it is just a timing issue, you have got it the DH idea and probably would have seen it also. It was the only trial you would try next.

it has been I while I realized that, looking at every thing in a chief dbx is important and may lead to a BIG help for all of us. Chief is unpredictable amazing software