Project Information

13Rdsdesigns18

Can we add to the Global Information so there is a greater number of information I can import into my Title Block. 

or  create a new Global Text Macro`s. ?

I am doing this for a variety of information - mostly consultant contacts, etc - with a set of macros that read text files located in the Project's Plan Folder.  It requires both a Layout and a Plan to work and the Layout has to be opened to establish where the files are located.

By reading the information from the text files and assigning the data to Ruby Global Variables the macros in your title block or in the Plan Template will automatically display that Projects' values.  Other information can similarly be retrieved based on what you need.

• 7 months later...

I think it might be useful if CA could read vcards. Then I could just paste client info straight from my CRM. Of course if CA expanded their concept of project info to include a full design team, all that data could be imported the same way. FWIW, it would be nice if I had anoption to have the Layout see the same project info as the plan. I'm sure there are users who would not want this, but it seems easily regulated. Maybe the layout would inherit the info from the 1st plan sent to layout, or maybe it would just ask each time a new plan was sent.