Foundation Problems

builtright3

The  problem with Joey's solution is the step is now about 12" inside closet.  However this might be good because the way you have it set up,  the closet slab is 6" lower than foyer slab/....  is that what you wanted?

My solution in this video does not have joeys problem,  however I minimize the footing between closet and bath from 26" to 12"  AND I ALIGNED THE FOOTING WITH EDGE.  The two things I did to make it work was to align the edge of slab  with footing.....  I think this i acceptable,  you decide,  and I also move a wall forward and then back and did a rain dance around my computer and it was fixed.

One of those situation where you have to kick the  tires,  say a couple of curse words and pray to the CA gods and all will be well.

http://youtu.be/5c-L3daok0A

Nope, look at the bottom of your footings only at the raised portion, they need to be 6" deeper to align with the rest of the footings, Its all about the depth into grade not the depth of the footings.

I tried what P said too Joey  but I think cos its a monoslab , it wont let you select just the raised portion by the look, like you can with a normal stemwall footing ,though I'm no expert on Mono Slabs.

I tried what P said too Joey  but I think cos its a monoslab , it wont let you select just the raised portion by the look, like you can with a normal stemwall footing ,though I'm no expert on Mono Slabs.

I think most people aren't looking at the plan. I believe what a lot of people are saying won't work.

NO I DIDN'T MEAN THAT

I meant what I said, select the footing and change the depth of the footing only, to Add 6", you still want the slab just like all the other levels, 4" thick. There really is no stem wallbut if you consider it a stem wall it would also be 4"thick but 12" wide or whatever the footing width is.

Got it! But I had to use the wall break tool and intersection tool to get it to work.

Nice Find , I didn't think of that after find the same issue as you originally , didn't think about the Monoslab actually having a wall as Perry mentioned.

M.

Nice Find , I didn't think of that after find the same issue as you originally , didn't think about the Monoslab actually having a wall as Perry mentioned.

M.

You said something that is very important to understand.

The conc footings are actually walls. They behave as most walls behave.