How To Draw A Wall That Has The Lower Part Removed Under Stairs?

para-CAD

Hi,

I'm new to CA.  I have a pretty solid grasp of AutoCAD from release 11 to 2016 and some time with SolidBuilder, SoftPlan and WalPlus.  Chief seems to be the most robust and user friendly of anything I've used so far.

So I have the cart way out in front of the horse and I'm scrambling to overcome the learning curve so I can complete a project and get it in for permit.  I'm looking for help from the CA pro's on how to do something.

I've attached a screen capture of the issue. (well that failed - here's a DropBox Link )  

This house actually exists and has the space under the stairs as sloped closet space.  

How do I draw the wall so that it replaces the upper railing side of the stairs and only goes down to follow the bottom edge slope of the stair stringer so under the stairs remains open?

I'm saving my $$$ to see about attending a training class this fall/winter so until then it's going to be asking for help here or watching all the videos I can find.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

David - that is not what he wants.  He wants the wall on the upper area and not below the stairs. At least that is my take.

Select wall and drag the corners up as needed.  Insert line breaks to shape to fir conditions. Select no room definition

to remove footprint on floor.

Is this what you want?

post-132-0-96480000-1433192074_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I think you are Right Dennis  , you have to do this in and Elevation view Mike if it's not clear in Dennis Instructions above. You will likely need to do some cleanup of wall ends etc by applying Solids or Soffits though.

post-315-0-31529100-1433193451_thumb.jpg