Perspective Full Overview When Mouse-Orbit Camera

buzzsaw204

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

hi,

im using 3 monitors in my workstation.

when i use the Perspective Full Overview with Mouse-Orbit Camera in my main monitor,

it display this wierd layer, showing all my wall & roof components.

when i show the Perspective Full Overview when Mouse-Orbit Camera in my other 2 monitors.

everything is normal.

any idea on this issue?

post-1340-0-87323400-1433170334_thumb.png

post-1340-0-28898300-1433170346_thumb.png

This is the term called "z-fighting. While you are in the camera view go to 3D-Edit Active Camera-Camera-Scene Clipping-Clip Surfaces Within. Change the default number to a number from 200" to 600". (attachment) I'm not sure why it does it on just the one monitor, but this should fix your problem

post-76-0-80445400-1433172271_thumb.jpg

The last time I had a 3-monitor set up, I also had two video cards to accomplish this. My main card ran two monitors and the second card ran the third monitor. If this is also true for your set up, then it is probably the lack of quality of the second card. You might try updating its dirvers and looking at what specific adjustments you might be able to make with it.

DJP

• Solution

Are you using different Resolutions on the monitors ?  if so , I would guess the Videocard can't handle that at the larger resolution on the middle monitor ( perhaps not enough video Ram) as that doesn't look like Z-fighting to me , rather the texture isn't being produced , there have been other posts on this I think.

here is Chief's KB article on Z-fighting you could check that though

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00107/

my problem was...

---------------------- ANSWER

There are several different potential reasons why you may exhibit this behavior, known as z-fighting. The most common reasons are

• The plan is located too far from the origin.

---------------------

moved plan to 0,0,0

problem solved!!

thanks all for reply.