Buck Window Using One Wall One Window, Chiefarchitect Tips

yusuf-333

Yusuf,

That solution I presented a long time ago. Scott doesn't like it.

I don't think so.

Scott was right refusing that method! That method was rejected because the dry wall material was appearing outside the window plus no visible inset casing was there either. And he posted his E-mail with Brian in the last talk as you know. Rather you are right regarding the unjustifiable refusal of Scott to one solution and again liking it the other day. I think the reason, he some times responds before he sees the issue deeply as you did now.

For your surprise I have posted this method of mine with more accurate frame a long long time ago and he refused simply because the siding wasn't stucco! I am not kidding may be you were, and I can post the link to that one if needed. I don't want talk about it because the issue is solved for now and may be he will not like it again. And any who likes it will use it...... That is it Joe.

Thanks Joe

Yusuf, This is a pic from your Plan. All I did was change the the Frame to 4" with a 6" recess. Now the Drywall (green) shows. This is the exact same solution that I had.

See Post #11 in https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/5101-will-somebody-help-me-with-this-bucking-plan/

I see it Joe, he shouldn refuse it. But he also refused my method which is the one on the right side. The same(6" inset fd 4") You judge it! which one was the best? He applauded for Perry's fairly nice work rejecting the joes good work and yusuf's excellent one!

post-2517-0-38645600-1433108762_thumb.jpg

post-2517-0-84361300-1433108784_thumb.jpg