Room Size Label +

country

I am trying to get a design out for a bank appraisal. They would like the room sizes on the labels but it is impossible to get them correct??? An Ensuite that is 14'-8" x 9'-0" is shown as 5'-7" deep because it has a shower and wall beside the toilet.

Do I have to all of these type of situations manually? I know there are some macros that may possibly work but I sure don't have time to find and learn them in time to get this drawing out by the afternoon. If it the manual route, please let me know and I will do it.

To get a correct area for each floor I am going to draw a polygon of the exterior walls in Vectorworks. Why oh why can we not draw a polygon around the main exterior walls and have it show the perimeter and area? If we can, please correct me, call me whatever name you want and I will get this out the door.

PS. Sorry for the rant but problems on Saturday morning bring out the worst in me;-(

I'd rather be riding or fishing but here I sit........

Joe. I tried using the exterior room but I have a large attached garage. I will try detaching those walls and maybe that will work for this. The wall beside the toilet seems to be the problem with the Ensuite size as I disconnected the shower wall so it is now part of the room. I'll just type something in for now and check the rest of the rooms for the same issue.

Graham. I checked this out but it is too much for a morning problem. I have bookmarked it for review when I am not quite so rushed.

Thank you both for the fast response. Now back to the drawing board:-(

There is a new "make living area p-line". Select the outside room and select that tool from the edit toolbar, it will only put a p-line around the living area portion of the house. This is only in X7

There is a new "make living area p-line". Select the outside room and select that tool from the edit toolbar, it will only put a p-line around the living area portion of the house. This is only in X7

True, but IMO it's only valuable if you are using a reference macro to get the area. 

Once I've got something off I'll give those a try Joe and Perry. The living area p-line sounds good and I am using X7.

FYI. I did a polygon in VW and the Main Floor area is 2501.7 Sq. Ft. based on the main layer of the exterior walls. Chief tells me the main floor living area is 2413 and the lower level (exact same perimeter dimensions) is 2906. Does not make any sense to me but I have read that they don't make sense to anyone so that is definitely getting turned off in preferences or defaults (whichever).

Thanks everyone for the help.

The living area p-line works great with a little editing. The difference in lower and upper floor area was basically the stairwell. It is only calculated in on the lower level but reshaping the p- line on the main level to include the open above space gives the proper area.

Joe also explained how to make one of the shower walls "no definition" so the room dimensions are now correct.

It sure takes a village to draw a home plan at this stage of my learning curve.