Outlets On Kitchen Islands

brucecurtis

Place an invisible wall and then attach the outlet to that wall, you adjust the wall to fit the intended position of the outlet on the island. Another way is to place the outlet on a nearby parallel wall to the intended island cabinet surface and then extend that outlet  from the wall (via its dialog box) so that it associates visually with the island from the wall.

DJP

I never knew of the 'cabinet mounted' section so I put that in the search bar and lo and behold, the outlet I usually use on islands pops right up in the menu - easier way to get to it, thanks!

It's called "Duplex (horizontal)" and you can place it anywhere: it doesn't need to be attached to a wall.  FYI there's another similar one called "Duplex (horiz)" that does NOT work on islands.

Or, you could use a symbol from the "Cabinet Mounted" outlet section of the Library.

Yes, but the default height is 0" off floor so adjust the height to 24".  Usually it's not at the top of the 36" high cabinet because the electrical box would hit the drawer inside.

I never knew of the 'cabinet mounted' section so I put that in the search bar and lo and behold, the outlet I usually use on islands pops right up in the menu - easier way to get to it, thanks!

It's called "Duplex (horizontal)" and you can place it anywhere: it doesn't need to be attached to a wall.  FYI there's another similar one called "Duplex (horiz)" that does NOT work on islands.

I just clicked over to your website and noticed you're in Osterville? I've designed a number of homes there.  Nice area!

Why is it that it is you and I who gripe about this and nobody else?  Don't they see the problem?

Scott, I complained about this for years back with V10. Gave up after a while. I just complained again about not showing mulled windows (and doors) in a schedule that has been broken since Version 9.5. There is a recent post here about that where Chief said it will be turned in. We'll see.

Scott, I complained about this for years back with V10. Gave up after a while. I just complained again about not showing mulled windows (and doors) in a schedule that has been broken since Version 9.5. There is a recent post here about that where Chief said it will be turned in. We'll see.

Thanks,  this seems like such an easy fix,  I do not understand why it has not been done.

If someone does not understand what we are talking about,  see pic,  the outlets in plan view are on cabinet,  in 3d they are away from cabinet and even cast a shadow on cabinet.  Does this make sense?  

post-50-0-96163300-1433070543_thumb.png

This doesn't get fixed maybe b/c Chief thinks it's such an easy fix--you fix it and save it to your lib. for future use. I say a lot of users never go into the symbol DBX and get lost when they do, so for most people the answer is to just fix it for everyone.

I had a play  in Scott's Challenge Thread , with these so there is more info there about the issue, plus there are a couple of Outlets I have "Fixed" that seem to work ok now , placed the dshall way :)  , and they don't sit on the Floor either.

disclaimer I am CAD Block Challenged so you may want to change it.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/5408-the-cabinet-electrical-outlet-challenge/#entry47224

I just clicked over to your website and noticed you're in Osterville? I've designed a number of homes there.  Nice area!

Thank you Jay, it really is a lovely town.  If you ever need a kitchen for one of your clients, let me know!