Drafting Support Needed

mdworthen

Hey all, 

Just like a lot of you, we are getting busy and we need to find some experienced Chief drafters to help. Part time, work at your own schedule, Dropbox account needed. Looking for people with fairly in depth knowledge of Chief X7 and can work fast.

Sketches, photos and field measurements would be sent to you, for both new home and remodels. I also provide our full templates and details to work from. Some designing may be needed, but most will be done by myself or my lead designer. Basically just need skilled people to crank out plans.   

We work on a 1099 hourly basis, hours to be submitted daily, checks are cut once a month. We pay $15-20/ hour to start, will adjust as our system and plans are learned.

Please email me if interested, at info@ledgestonedesign.com, and send examples of your model building and plan work. Thanks all, have a good day today...

Try Home Depot.........

It will only take 180 hours of work to pay for the chief license to do the side work though.....Oh wait...have to buy a PC too.   Ok.....so about 300 hours of work @ $15/hr to pay for the license.   Sounds like a bargain to me.  Where do I sign up?

Ouch, I see that I've received some good criticism here on the forum....

Rest assured guys, I do understand your sentiment, and I know how you feel; however, this post is not meant for you. I'm looking for assistance from individuals who are willing to do some side work for a reasonable rate; with increases coming regularly (for example, my lead makes $35/ hr full time). If I was paying you guys top dollar for these projects, then I wouldn't make any money and therefore wouldn't be in business (...I'd then be a referral program). Keep in mind, when growing a business, this is how most operate; we hire employees or sub-contractors and pay them a little less than what we make OR what we charge the client... thus, generating profit and creating a successful business model. 

We already have several experienced guys interviewing right now, so [thankfully] it is working... I do value this forum and I do enjoy a little light-hearted criticism on occasion; it builds character. Thanks guys for your comments... 

Hope everyone has a good day...

While your carpenter rate is a good one I differ with your view of "reasonable" for someone doing CAD

with Chief.  A sub (1099) at 15/hr would have to pay 7 1/2% for social security as well as file quarterly

taxes and have their own insurances.  IF you work at a big box you can get $15 and they pay the SS

plus other benefits and there is no need for insurance.  IF you cannot pay more and still make a profit

you are doing something wrong or have really low end clients.  Something does not add up.

Not trying to beat up on you just presenting my point of view.

Cheers!

........ I do value this forum and I do enjoy a little light-hearted criticism on occasion; it builds character. Thanks guys for your comments... 

Hope everyone has a good day...

I agree with Alan,  you are a good sport to put up with our nonsense.  Good luck....  I understand what you are doing.