Walls At Slight Angle Won't Join

rlackore

Hmm. They aren't connected for me. See the lines at the wall intersections on your screenshot? They shouldn't be there if the walls were properly joined, would they?

Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. The walls ARE connected in that they share common end points. But the layers AREN'T cleaning up properly - those intersection lines shouldn't be there.

Hmm. They aren't connected for me. See the lines at the wall intersections on your screenshot? They shouldn't be there if the walls were properly joined, would they?

Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. The walls ARE connected in that they share common end points. But the layers AREN'T cleaning up properly - those intersection lines shouldn't be there.

You have a good point. Do you have a defined interior room?

I have a room,  if I change the angle of  intersecting walls,  there is not line.....  I agree there should not be a line at the very shallow angles,  but that's life,  not much we can  do about it,  your model should look other that the small peccadillo in plan.

post-50-0-00804500-1432762809_thumb.png

My work-around has been to draw a curved wall and set the facet angle to 1 degree to match the window pitch. Unfortunately I can't use a curved wall for the two interior walls at the bottom of the plan. 

Not sure what you did Graham, but the walls you have that show as connected don't seem to match the length or angles (relative to each other) as any of the other walls in the plan. 

Robert, I can't seem to get the walls in the upper section to connect either.  I was however easily able to replace that group of walls with a matching curved exterior wall (as you also mentioned you did).  The walls across the bottom however are quite strange...

If you break one of the wall connections so that the room is no longer enclosed, the walls will connect properly.  As soon as you enclose the room again the strange disconnect shows back up. 

I also notice that the wall connection on the lower right behaves strangely. The wall coming down from above builds through the perpendicular wall instead of connecting to it.  I didn't mess with that particular item very much, but the connection only seemed to work properly if the wall type for the vertical wall is changed.

Probably an issue to send in to tech support.

Here is the result of my unscientific experiment:

post-95-0-53534100-1432819669_thumb.png

It appears wall joined at 1 degree or less will not join properly. Add .01 degree, and the intersection heals successfully. I've sent this issue in to Tech Support.

If you break one of the wall connections so that the room is no longer enclosed, the walls will connect properly.  As soon as you enclose the room again the strange disconnect shows back up. 

I was able to reproduce this observation. Very strange. I didn't include this behavior in my support ticket - probably should have.

Here is tech supports answer:

This is just the way the program is drawing it. If I close the room, (see screenshot) it actually shows a break in both walls and you get a good room definition. It is functioning well, but it confusing when you see different things when drawing. I will report this anomaly to our developers. 

post-95-0-56114400-1432843445_thumb.jpg

Notice that they've turned on line widths, so the connection doesn't look too bad. Still, my issue isn't about room defs, it's about "the way the program is drawing it." We'll see what the developers can do.