Plan Files, Layout Files And Data Files

builtright3

Go to solution Solved by builtright3,

joey_martin, on 26 May 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:snapback.png

Yes. Plan and layout files go in the dropbox so that I can work on them anywhere and have everything updated as needed. I also keep all my client folders in the Dropbox as well. Everything I need to run my office is in the dropbox. Goes with me everywhere...PC's, IPad, Phone...etc.

I do the same exact thing with drop box and it works great and is another backup.

But in order to run from another computer you would have to have all the data files. Like the library, templates..... Do you also have that in drop box? Or is the whole program in drop box?

I keep my data files and plan files as per the attached picture like this on my second drive which is also in drop box. In this way every time I install a new CA program version I can keep tract of what version I drew it in. When I open it in an earlier version I save it in the latest version. 

The problem is when I set all this up with the two different drives and drop box I got things working but mixed things up and don't know how to straiten it out. I need to understand better how the data files are kept with CA because now I have duplicates and I'm afraid to move things around.

Does anyone know of how I can get instruction of how to straighten out my mess?

Attached Thumbnails
  • Capture.PNG

• Solution

joey_martin, on 26 May 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:snapback.png

I do the same exact thing with drop box and it works great and is another backup.

But in order to run from another computer you would have to have all the data files. Like the library, templates..... Do you also have that in drop box? Or is the whole program in drop box?

I keep my data files and plan files as per the attached picture like this on my second drive which is also in drop box. In this way every time I install a new CA program version I can keep tract of what version I drew it in. When I open it in an earlier version I save it in the latest version. 

The problem is when I set all this up with the two different drives and drop box I got things working but mixed things up and don't know how to straiten it out. I need to understand better how the data files are kept with CA because now I have duplicates and I'm afraid to move things around.

Does anyone know of how I can get instruction of how to straighten out my mess?

Attached Thumbnails
  • Capture.PNG

Well Joey I think you should put all your files and data and put it on an external drive and wipe out your internal storage drive, delete Chief and re load the program so you get a fresh start.