Which Drive To Keep Plan Files On

MarkMc

Go to solution Solved by Bill_Emery,

I have been using Dropbox storage for a few years, both Vectorworks and Chief job and client files seem to be fine and I have never seen any file corruption. Other people I know use one drive with the same consistency.

Same here...been using Onedrive for years without an issue.

I buy dropbox by the year - as there is a very nice feature that you can "turn off" sharing and sync-ing of folders once you are "done" using them that no longer takes space on your HD.  I've done nearly 500 homes now and can't keep everything on my current system or it would be ridiculous.  I'm sure others have the same issue.

Been using OneDrive since its inception as Skydrive for all my files. No problems whatsoever.

Has anyone successfully experimented with placing the Chief catalog files on a syncing platform like OneDrive. The reason for asking is that I run Chief on 3 systems and it would be really convenient if the catalogs, especially my user catalog, would sync across all systems. I tried this before with Skydrive but Chief did not seem like it. Maybe some issue with the catalog files still open in Chief and sync changes taking place at the same time.

Graham