How To Create A Metal Halide Light

MWOODW

Go to solution Solved by Dennis_Gavin,

I use X7 and am drawing a plan for a tennis court and need to create the style of light that they want to use.  Have downloaded the bonus lights for the library but none of them are close enough for the purposes of demonstrating light intensity and spill.

The light I need to replicate is a Metal Halide lamp that uses 875W power source and a brightness of 9000 lumens.

The attached document has the specifications and design and while I have looked at the help tips in CA I don't understand the formula well enough to trust myself to do it.

Can someone either create the light and upload it to the library or give me instructions on how to do it?

Unilux Sharp Cut Off v2 - Super Pulse Start Series 2014.pdf

• Solution

Creating the light fixture is not a big deal.  Accurately creating the effect of the working light is another story.

I od not believe can do anything more than create what you think it might look like.  There are no settings

that I know of that when applied will represent the specifications you mention.

Thanks guys for your input.  Thanks for the file Jon it was very useful.  As far as trying to replicate a theoretical light I found this far beyond my capability as in this case I would have needed to show how the light spill would have affected the houses either side.  I have a lighting analysis from the manufacturer that is more useful.