Roof Gable Help

omartinjordan

Could someone please help me get these 2 small gable areas in this roof?  I can't seem to figure out how to do it.  I would greatly appreciate any help or pointers.  Thanks.  i am using version 6.

Just a quick question... Have you taken the time to try to just watch any of the instructional videos on chief, or just read a few pages of the manual.

I dont mean to be rude...but the question that you are asking is one of the most basic functions in cheif.   If you dont know how to do this I am assuming you are not familiar with the product at all.   Take at least a little time and put some effort to lean a little.   Heck, you could go on youtube and search for drawing roofs chief architect even.....Or pay for online training.   

While it is true that "there are no dumb questions" there are questions that show someone desires to put fourth zero effort to lean even the simple tasks.   Just my opinion...and there are several ways to do what you....in auto function, it is quite easy and as long as your offsets are large enough, Chief will draw them in (when you define the walls as a gable.   Manually....it is quite simple.   Draw in the roof plans, break the current roof plane in several places to allow the valleys to connect when you manually "join" them.

Not too difficult but , couple of tricks you may not be aware of if you are new  will help , auto roofs is off so your front gable just hadn't built after you set it on the Wall to full gable.

- Don't set you room heights till after you get the Roof Correct in this case, then turn off auto roofs and set your rooms back to 10' as needed.

- use invisible walls to force the roof to build where you don't actually have walls ...eg use 3 walls at the back ot help build that hip roof and add a wall across the front entry to force that roof to build straight.

M.

your fixed plan.

Final House.plan