Stairs

EricBonilha

Mick

I based my stairs in your project, but since I could not copy the objects to Home Design (just open it), I downloaded Chief Architect trial to check (It is way more easy to connect the stairs to the landing in Chief...)

The only problem that I got with my design is that one of the stairs from the first floor I could not connect to the landing, every time I connected the stairs to the landing, it would lose the wrap around connection. After trying a lot I was able to connect the upper stairs to the landing without breaking the wrap around connection, but still, one of the stairs on the bottom I had just to place it disconnected (Technical adjustment, workaround... :)) and configure the landing edge where it was supposed to be connected as to not show the railing... That was really frustrating...

In your project I saw that you were able to connect all 3 stairs to the landing, but I could not accomplish that... anyway, at least it is now looking as the real stairs

CA should really improve the stairs tool... but not only in Chief Architect products, in Home Design as well :) since I guess they both use the same engine...

Mick

I based my stairs in your project, but since I could not copy the objects to Home Design (just open it), I downloaded Chief Architect trial to check (It is way more easy to connect the stairs to the landing in Chief...)

The only problem that I got with my design is that one of the stairs from the first floor I could not connect to the landing, every time I connected the stairs to the landing, it would lose the wrap around connection. After trying a lot I was able to connect the upper stairs to the landing without breaking the wrap around connection, but still, one of the stairs on the bottom I had just to place it disconnected (Technical adjustment, workaround... :)) and configure the landing edge where it was supposed to be connected as to not show the railing... That was really frustrating...

In your project I saw that you were able to connect all 3 stairs to the landing, but I could not accomplish that... anyway, at least it is now looking as the real stairs

CA should really improve the stairs tool... but not only in Chief Architect products, in Home Design as well :) since I guess they both use the same engine...

What probably isn't obvious in my plan was that I broke the edge of the landing (break line tool) about 2" around the corner where the stair went to upstairs as the landing edge must be the same width as the connecting stair to connect , which is probably why yours isn't connecting automagically.

M.

I thought the Stair Tools in all versions were the same actually , so not sure why Chief was easier for you.

Stair tools are actually not quite the same (very similar but not the same), and neither are the snaps and edit handle functions. In this instance they were both able to do the same job, but I agree. Chief is easier. For an extra $2,000 it better be :-)