Stairs

EricBonilha

Hello all

I'm having difficulties in designing a stair from a house in Home Designer Architect. The problem is that the stair is not common, it has two "parts". Please reffer to the attached images, specifically Stars1.png which shows exactly what I mean. I could not find a way to make this design of stairs in Home Designer Architect

Can someone give me a light?

Thanks

post-6136-0-76419200-1432419209_thumb.png

post-6136-0-35200700-1432419216_thumb.png

post-6136-0-90911000-1432419221_thumb.png

I looked at all articles on stairs and did not find what I was looking for.

Maybe I was not clear with my first post, please look at this picture here, I marked with red what I meant

Can I do such thing with Home Design Architectural 2016?

post-6136-0-40078200-1432428021_thumb.png

Eric, you may want to post your question over on the HomeTalk forum.  This forum is more specific to Chief Architect which has more features and capabilities.  We're likely going to have a hard time helping you over here because your version doesn't have all the options we're used to using...Specifically with regard to stairs and customizable landings.

I'm sure there's a way if you get creative, bust quickly looking at the tools you have available in the Home Designer product line, I think you may have a bit of difficulty creating that set of stairs using the tool set you have available to you.

you could possibly stack  and shape Landings to do it but I am unsure if that's possible in HDA ?

landings yes but not sure if you have custom landings under the stair tool ? if yes , stack 7-8 boxes on top of each other and size and shape as needed

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00870/71/Home-Designer/Stairs/Creating-a-Stair-Landing.html

hometalk https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

Not sure if this will work for you or not, but here's what I think you're looking for...

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00788/160/Chief-Architect/Stairs/Creating-Mitered-or-Wrap-Around-Stairs.html

Please note, this is in the Chief Architect knowledge base and may not work the same with the Home Designer product line.  Also, the article is talking about stairs for a deck, but at least in Chief, the same technique works using a landing.  I find it easiest to just build the one set of stairs, then copy and paste to the second location and reposition and connect to landing as necessary.

So...I just downloaded the trial version of the software you're using, and the technique in the article I attached above WILL work for you. 

But not on interior stairs. Spent hours once trying to get this done and the only way is to stack landings.(Mick) I didn't try to build an interior deck but with conventional stair tools it won't work  on interior stairs.

Thank you very much for all the answers and sorry for posting in the wrong forum, I was supposed to post on the home designer forum

But I'm still frustrated with that :( With that tutorial I was able to create that stairs but only external for a deck, could not create an internal one

I'm not actually working today, just surfing the web on my phone from time to time. I'll have to check that out next week. Before then though...

All I did was create a landing and then 2 matching sets of stairs (one on each landing edge). The moment I drag the second set of stairs to the corner the stairs automagically connect. Honestly I only tried with a rectangular landing though and didn't try to reshape it (either before or afterward).

The key setting to get this working is Staircase dbx...Style panel...Options...Allow Wrap.

I believe it is toggled on OOB.

Or you can also do it by using invisible walls and the Winders option, but the above method is easier.

Curt, not counting sheep. I went for an early surf - counting waves. :)

I think the wrap option was new in X6 wasn't it? I haven't tried this in a while so I didn't realise it worked inside too now , but had a play around and all the angles are a pain but it works, though for some reason the second flight of stairs going to the 2nd floor, keeps getting knocked sideways by the wall underneath them as it tries for the ceiling :) , even after cutting the wall down in elevation it kept bumping sideways.

here is my play plan Eric , hope it helps.... the stairs are locked in display options so they can't be alter accidently , just unlock when needed. 

Stair Landing Plan.plan

post-315-0-93990900-1432528231_thumb.jpg

Hello all

I'm having difficulties in designing a stair from a house in Home Designer Architect. The problem is that the stair is not common, it has two "parts". Please reffer to the attached images, specifically Stars1.png which shows exactly what I mean. I could not find a way to make this design of stairs in Home Designer Architect

Can someone give me a light?

Thanks

Jing is free Michael and pretty easy to use , comes with 2GB account so plenty for this kind of thing.

Download

https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

FAQ's

https://www.techsmith.com/tutorial-jing.html

Here is my very first shot at making a video.  Sorry I don't have a microphone on my desktop so there's no sound.  I actually used the trial version of Home Designer Architectural 2016 so it should work the same for you.  As far as I've figured, the key is to get your landing correct before you try to build the stairs.  The stairs seem to only want to make the wraparound connection once (upon initial construction).  If they are disconnected or messed with too much, the connection doesn't seem to be possible.  Anyway, its pretty crappy, but here it is...

http://screencast.com/t/m2rf0zvrS

Finally!!

After almost smashing my balls with a hammer (and spending over 3 hours trying to figure out why Home Design Architect is so bad at creating stairs compared to Chief Architect) I was able to create a good final result!!! Thank you Mick, Michael, Larry and all you guys that helped me

I'm really new at this software (just bought it saturday to work on my home project) and there are lots of things to learn yet...

Attached is a picture of the final result which is really close to the original house design

Thank you, you guys are awesome

post-6136-0-01719000-1432608710_thumb.png

post-6136-0-28230700-1432608902_thumb.png