Deck Railing Post, Fascia Mount Tip

yusuf-333

Here is the video and the plan on how to create a deck railing post fasci mount. This method allows you to freely control the bottom height of railing regardless of floor levels, and allows to simply draw a railing with specified inset, offset and z control for deck and stair railings.

The plan, hint:- don't miss viewing the z.

DECK RAILING TECHNIQUE.plan

Yusuf, as usual you have done a great job of finding how to get the software to do what needs doing. The ability to see or confront beyond the usual abilities of software is a brilliant, creative, helpful and useful thing to do. It shows an unusually high level of creative intelligence that you have and share with us. Thank you.

DJP

Yusuf, as usual you have done a great job of finding how to get the software to do what needs doing. The ability to see or confront beyond the usual abilities of software is a brilliant, creative, helpful and useful thing to do. It shows an unusually high level of creative intelligence that you have and share with us. Thank you.

DJP

David, thank you very much. Really glad, if that if that helped.

Thanks

I don't get it.  When DJP applauds the method,  what is he applauding?  Why does the railing follow the stairs?  Why does the railing jump up to the second level?  Where are the 4x4 posts that should be attached to the side of the deck.  If there are 4x4 posts,  how do you control the spacing?  FYI,  I have never built a deck railing as shown.  

Let's question the methods instead of applauding a method that I  think does not solve the initial modeling challenge.

Yusuf,  it is always helpful if you explain how you were able to do what you did.  What were the initial settings?  And Yusuf,  check your audio,  maybe it is just me,  but I swear I  could not make out a word you said.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't get it.  When DJP applauds the method,  what is he applauding?  Why does the railing follow the stairs?  Why does the railing jump up to the second level?  Where are the 4x4 posts that should be attached to the side of the deck.  If there are 4x4 posts,  how do you control the spacing?  FYI,  I have never built a deck railing as shown.  

Let's question the methods instead of applauding a method that I  think does not solve the initial modeling challenge.

Yusuf,  it is always helpful if you explain how you were able to do what you did.  What were the initial settings?  And Yusuf,  check your audio,  maybe it is just me,  but I swear I  could not make out a word you said.

dshall, maybe You should check Best Practices Guide to Residential Construction

You can also find more detailed  explanation at Inspectapedia - http://inspectapedia.com/BestPractices/Rooftop_Decks.htm   .

Guy tried really hard, and found one way to skin the cat. If he changes the settings to check balusters and post to rail, and newels/post to 4, railing height to 44, and raise bottom rail to 12", here you are -very close to 4x4.

Or he can do just thing manually - check panels or no rail, change newel width to zero, and make posts manually...

By the way, check initial settings on plan file that is attached.

Sound really sucks. I also couldn't understand a word, luckily, idea is good enough to start thinking about it, even without the audio.

But how would You do that? Just make a video, I always find them to be really good, and love to watch them.

If nothing, sound(s) will be better.

post-1711-0-97791000-1432488344_thumb.jpg

Scott, first I did not get it, what you want. I didn't give care to the type of railing I used, the main target of the video is to show a method(formula) the railing is the "variable" apply any railing with any setting you want! If you have already a plan that contains or resembles your setting, then copy on to my plan. It seems you did not understand the hint! view "the all on set" you will see why it follows it.

About the sound I will try improvents. I was making a video today and tried to fix it. Hope it is better now.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Guy tried really hard, and found one way to skin the cat. If he changes the settings to check balusters and post to rail, and newels/post to 4, railing height to 44, and raise bottom rail to 12", here you are -very close to 4x4..........

Thank you very much, you said what I would say about it. I will try to correct the sound issue, sorry about it.

Did you turn on the 'Z' layer Scott as Yusef "hinted" in his post when looking at his plan? he is using Ramps...

Mick thanks, Scott failed to examine the plan before rushing to......

Thanks for clearing it to him.

• 6 years later...