Roof Help

Walleye

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

I'm completely new to Chief and trying to learn on this house design. I've used AutoCad for years, but just purchased Chief Architect x7 and having troubles with roofs.

Basically I'm building roofs manually with the roof plane tool.

My problems are in joining roofs at valleys. In most cases it is fine, but sometimes it will extend one of the roofs past it's end point at the eave or ridge. As seen in my first picture.

My othe problem is getting a shed roof to stop at exterior walls on the next level. I can drag the edge up to the wall, but if there are any bump outs in the wall above, the roof will shoot right through them and the bump out walls disappear. As seen in my second pic.

What am I missing?

post-6100-0-83425100-1432221246_thumb.jpg

post-6100-0-57635300-1432221252_thumb.jpg

you have to click on the edge of the roof plane that need fixing and then put a "break" point in and then drag the edge to the point you want it to end. In the first image you would "break" the edge of the valley and then turn the plane 90d to then make the fascia correct as it is on the other side

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys, but still don't have it. Drawzilla, if I drag it out a ways it works at the eave, but then shoots the gable roof back through the exterior wall where they would meet at the ridge.

Walker, are you talking about using the break wall tool? Because when I try that it snaps to the corner valley where I would break it, but it does nothing when I click on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...