Half-Wall At Top Of Stairs.

waterfromdust

I have built a staircase and am trying to create a half-wall at the top. I couldn't find any options that worked in the stair parameters so I created half-walls on top of the default stair railings. Unfortunately CA seems to think there should be a doorway or something of the like at the top of my staircase and I can't seem to get rid of the cut-outs in the sheet rock.

I have attached images.

Any help is much appreciated.

Best regards,

Jimmy

post-3220-0-99664400-1432002924_thumb.jpg

post-3220-0-98216800-1432002925_thumb.jpg

Select the "doorway"/ railing section at the top of the stairs...you'll probably select the door first, hit tab so the wall is selected or just delete the door, open the wall dbx, and check "invivible".  Essentially that section of railing needs to be changed to an invisible wall.

• Upvote 1

You're more than welcome.  Thank YOU for posting the plan.  More often than not you will get an answer within a few minutes if you take the time to post the plan along with the description of your problem and some screenshots to make the issue as clear as possible.  You done good : )

Good to know. I've been playing around with trials and lurking for so long - this was my first real post. Most of the time I don't even have to post a question because it's buried in these forums somewhere.

Thanks again!