Open Below Room Stopped Drawing Open

richparde

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

I am working on a 4 story home that has a curved central staircase.  After a few hours of work in another area, I noticed one of the 'open below' rooms for the staircase is no longer drawing open.  It draws with the same flooring as the floor that surrounds it.  It still highlights as a separate room, so there isn't a break in the open below room perimeter railings.  I've checked the floor/ceiling/floor above/ceiling below/etc. heights and they match the surrounding room.  I've checked the roof over/ceiling over/floor under check boxes and they match the other open below rooms that are drawing correctly.  I've turned the room type to a hallway, and then back to open below to see if I could reset it or something.  Nothing has worked.  

I'm sure this is something really stupid.  Come on, guys, what am I missing?  Thank you.  

post-3094-0-36061500-1431989614_thumb.jpg

I'll have one guess without a plan.

Is your Open Below room for the stair connected to the main structure with a room divider wall (or any wall)? 

In your General Wall defaults is Connect Island Rooms unchecked?

By the way, THANK YOU for taking the time to attach the plan.  Not something people take the time to do as often as they probably should.  That's a very impressive house.  Incredibly slow on my machine.  I wonder of maybe the file size is causing some sort of overload on your system leading to the issue you're having...just a thought. 

Thank you both for taking the time to look.  After checking the settings several times, I had a feeling the problem may turn out to be a glitch.  

I have a pretty powerful system, with lots of RAM and a very good GPU.  I have restarted chief a couple of times.  I also tried a system reboot.  

I have found it interesting that when I "walk" down the stairs, it only shows the flooring and underlayment - the floor framing is missing, as it should be.  

Anyway, thank you all, again!

• Solution

Have to agree with the Other's ....Impressive house

I got the same broken wall as Dennis...looks like the "Room" is trying to get inside the wall :)    pulled the wall back and forward's a few times and it sorted itself out , but other than that all looks well.

edit:  on the main floor the thick arched walls at 50110 and 56110 ,are ever so misaligned , 1/4" ? that I see in the wall paper mostly at 50110. 

post-315-0-20499100-1432139602_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-94252000-1432139615_thumb.jpg

Unbelievable!  That fixed it.  A thousand thank you's!

Back story on the house plan.  I have a older, wealthy family friend who's been planning his 'dream house' with me for about 2 years now.  We both love the french renaissance chateau style, and we've been trying to mimic what would be typical, modern updates, added to an authentic, old world chateau.  We are trying to follow the original grandeur and symmetry of items like window placement and room layouts, and 'updating' the original with items that weren't around 200 years ago, like electricity, plumbing, bathrooms rather than chamber pots, a kitchen on the main floor rather than the cellar, etc.  The process has been a blast, and I hope he does build it someday.  I don't doubt he will.  If you'd like to use any of the plan, or have any suggestions or comments, feel free.

Thank you all again!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1