Changing Room Square Feet(Sf) Fast!

Paramount

Go to solution Solved by Paramount,

Hello! Thanks for all the help, much appreciated. New to X7, like but a little of learning curve to gain speed.

How do I change room SF fast since when I move a wall, depending on the wall, it dimension temp default leaders ends default to center wall, outer, end, or some hybrid...never seems consistant. I know I can change the value by clicking the dimension box, but I have to do math depending on where the leader end default on the wall. Since the MLS uses "interior" dimensions for SF how do I set my auto-dimension to it? I checked my defaults or exterior and interior, and rom specification? I would think that would also refelect a more accurate total SF of the floor plan.

See attached PIC and model.

SPEC 1.plan

post-5962-0-43861300-1431974130_thumb.jpg

In Defaults Settings>Rooms>Room Label you can add any of the Global Room Info macros that Chief provides. Internal Room Area and Room Dimensions are consistent. ie: both refer to the inside face of the walls.

BTW, if you want to be able to format the Displayed information you can use a RTB instead of the Room Label that Chief provides.  The same macros will work in a RTB.

I think P. has confused the issue by asking about Square Footage when he really is asking how to set up his Temp. dimensions , or maybe it's me that's confused :)  again....

post-315-0-33352200-1431986921_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-04359600-1431987169_thumb.jpg

You may need to change your Dimension setting too as NCC pointed out, "In the wall type definitions, you can specify what layer the dimension attaches to"    as exteriors walls usually dimension to the exterior of the framing not the inside of the wall/drywall