Custom Muntins In Arch Top Window?

marland393

Muntins in this arch top, triple casement are not aligning.  I get this same result if I use the lites selection in the window, and also if I draw lines, make CAD blocks (three seperate), and load custom muntins.  When it loads the muntins, CA stretches the cad blocks to fit causing the center one to mis-align...  Help? 

Thanks!

post-3824-0-23094100-1431973058_thumb.jpg

I am hoping to fix the muntins, not change the window shapes.  I am struggling with CA's automatic drawing features today when it is trying to be really smart and not just drawing what I think I am asking it to draw...  I also have a couple of random slivers of OSB shooting out from the house that I can't source and delete...  I'll post that as a new topic...  

THe only thing I can think of as a work around is to have the middle window without grids, block 3 units, make arch and then use molding polylines to create the look of the grids. Place them where you want and re-block them with the unit.

That's how I do it. Sometimes for cabinetry glass doors I need a different grid layout than the one generated by Chief. Make up my own and float into place.

Graham

With a little more trial-and-error method I finally got it to align (close enough).  I followed suggestions by Dennis and had the two side windows lites created in the window specification.  Then I drew muntin lines AND a top arch over the top sash/frame member, made one CAD block for the center window, and did the "Load Custom Muntins" button.   After adjusting the line placement several times, I am happy with this alignment and moving on...

Thanks for responding to my post with suggestions!  Have a great day!

post-3824-0-19256200-1432045566_thumb.jpg