Floor Plan Lables

builtright3

Hey guys,

I would like to know if there is a way to set the layout plan label to plan specific? Another words in this layout page I attached I have a roof plan and a floor plan. They are both set up with macros but they are two different plans (roof plan & floor plan). I thought it should be tied to the anno set but I couldn't find a macro to find the title.

post-2478-0-12494800-1431924318_thumb.png

Joey,

You can put the Label in the Plan (per Layerset) and just use the Layout Box Label for the Scale

I tried for the last hour to figure out what you are telling me here but I just cant seem to figure it out. Can you give a little more detail? I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

OK,

In your Plan with the Floor Plan Layerset displayed:

Create a Text Box and Enter the Text you want for the Floor Plan Label - put that on a Custom Layer - Send to Layout

With the Roof Plan Layerset displayed

Create a Text Box and Enter the Text you want for the Roof Plan Label - put that on a Custom Layer - Send to Layout

For the scale in the Layout Boxes - only include the %box_scale% macro.  The key is to not use %automatic_label% for the Layout Box Label.

Or, you could just replace %automatic_label% with "ROOF PLAN" and "FIRST FLOOR PLAN" in the Layout Box Labels.

I put the Y offset to -1/4 and it puts it inside the layout box so I can have the two labels side by side and maybe I will off set the scale to the right a little so it will be centered. Maybe more work than its worth. Another suggestion for CA to come up with a better way to do this.

Joey,

You can put the Label in the Plan (per Layerset) and just use the Layout Box Label for the Scale

Doug Park has already commented that using the layout box label is not the correct way to do this. See post #17 from this link.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/236-x6-layout-question/?hl=%2Bscale+%2Bmacro

Joey, when I do my meeting with you tomorrow, I'll show you a good way to do this. Fast and easy.

Doug Park has already commented that using the layout box label is not the correct way to do this. See post #17 from this link.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/236-x6-layout-question/?hl=%2Bscale+%2Bmacro

Joey, when I do my meeting with you tomorrow, I'll show you a good way to do this. Fast and easy.

Tommy,

I disagree with Doug on this issue.  He has his opinion and I have mine.  The scale is whatever scale the Layout Box Scale is.  If I rescale the Layout Box, the displayed scale is automatically updated.

This is true, but in the very next post Perry said all is good. I am with Perry. I do not understand why Tommy wants the scale to constantly change as I zoom in and out. Unless Joey wants to scale plan on monitor which I never do.

Bottom line, learn to understand why some folks suggest one approach and other folk suggest a different approach.l

My take on this is that "Zoom Scale" is really irrelevant.  When working in the Plan - scale means nothing on the screen.  When a dwg is sent to Layout is is according to the sheet that it's to be printed on and the scale of the Layout box on that sheet.  Check Plots at smaller sizes should be so noted in and check plots are not intended to be to scale.

Yes Tommy, I did read that post - in fact I had several postings in that thread myself. 

Scott, don't you recognize your own words? That was you I was quoting in my previous post.

So yes, the Layout Box Label text is controlled at the Layer Set level, which means no individual control of the text of particular Layout Box Labels: change it for one, and you change it for all. This has implications for this discussion.

The scale was always intended to be the "printed" scale. The idea is that if you print something to a scale different than normal, such as a check plot, that the output would have the correct scale. This was an important requirement that was gleaned from several people prior to implementing that feature.