PHI1313

I have used Chief since about when it first came out; even went to several classes by a guy from Maine, but I have not upgraded for a while until recently so I have a lot of learning to do.

How do I duplicate the same floor plan in entirety so I can overlay the exact floor over the same existing floor below? I do remember (I think) many years ago one could do apartment building floors by duplicating exact floors one aver the other.

We are remodeling an entire house (1932 in this case) and I need to see the existing layout below and to make changes as needed without redrawing the entire plan.

In the past, for a bathroom or kitchen, etc. I have simply created a new floor above the existing and drawn the new bath, kitchen or whatever, but in this case an entire house is involved and that is a lot of redrawing in order to show the homeowner four or five different basic designs, as well as what can remain in place for cost savings. An overlay of the same floor also helps with demo plans.

I tried opening the existing plan several times as someone suggested, but I could not get the same floor to overlay. Maybe I just could not figure it out.

Is there anyway layers could help?

Thanks,

gtp

If you are on the current version, you can select everything you want to copy and simply paste it onto the next floor.  Simply create the next floor as a blank.  Then select what you want from the source floor, Ctrl-C, go to your new floor and paste.  Make sure to use Paste-Hold Position (Ctrl-Alt-V or right click and select that option)