Wall Length Resize Dims At Main Layer

MarkMc

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

I thought it was possible to have the temp dim that shows up when you pick a wall to locate the main layer (framing) Could have sworn I had this set somewhere, but can't find it on older plans or this one.

Help says-

Be aware that the wall length dimension that displays when a wall is selected as well as the Length specification in the Wall Specification dialog do not inherit their settings from the Dimension Defaults. Instead, they follow the Resize About line. SeeResize About.

Note: By default, dimensions and the Resize About line all use the exterior edge of the Main Layer. When Resize About is set to use a different location, dimension lines may not agree with a wall’s length specification. See Measuring Walls.

I can't figure it out.

Is there a way and how do I set it? screen-cap shows manual dim to framing and the temp to surface. Plan attached.

post-85-0-88079600-1431703649_thumb.png

340 post.zip

• Solution

not sure then ,  but I have never seen 2 Temp dims show up like in your plan either , one in Ft and one in inches  ( ****edit see below)

perhaps has something to do with what Annoset you are using and something is over-riding?  if I switch to the Default Set,+using Active Defaults the Temp dim works as expected showing   18'5"

EDIT: ahhhhh..... not sure why but in your orig. plan when I click on that wall the MANUAL dims show up (found them on the default set) , usually Temp Dims wont show if a manual dim is already there , deleting the two dims out of the default set view and going back to the E Remod Frame set allows the Temp dim to work as expected. ( could turn on manual dims in the e remod frame layerset too) 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for taking the time Mick. I ran all over, was thinking annosets but couldn't figure what there (thought a lot of things in the two hours I messed with it). Tried deleting the few dims I could see which didn't help. Thought if I didn't have dims in a view that I'd get temps, guess not.

This started off a pdf from architect (ft, in) and now adjusting to field measurements (in) of as built to framing, have a dozen rooms to fix.  I'll just delete all dims and get to it.

This is a big help thanks.