Crashing With Zoom In/out Mouse Wheel

cjanderson66

Is anyone else having a problem with CA crashing while zooming in and out as they are using a mouse wheel.  From the beginning of time my system crashes in the middle of either zooming in or zooming out only in CA.  Just wondering if I should get a new mouse or if this is a common occurrence.

Dennis maybe right , I have read a few threads with people with issues with AMD Cards and Chief , buying a Nvidia Card solved the issue , a forum search may find those threads , you might want to call TS today while they are open though and ask a few questions ,as I think Chief said they were working on a know issue but I am not sure I have seen this crashing issue reported before.

M.

Crashing while zooming is not normal.

I doubt that it is the mouse, although at one point in very distant past we had issues with a particular type of mouse that send scroll events to the program at a more rapid rate than normal which was a bug on our part. But that was fixed several versions ago.

There also exists the possibility that the mouse driver is causing a problem. I've had a lot of trouble with drivers from Logitech and Microsoft in the past. Normally I don't install the mouse driver because they like to redefine what the buttons do in ways that don't follow standard practice.

What kind of mouse are you using?

More likely the cause is the video driver, especially if the crashes are occurring in elevations or 3D views. In that case I would recommend installing the latest video drivers from the vendor site (don't rely on Microsoft for them).

If the problem persists please contact our support team. They can work through a variety of issues and hopefully get to the bottom of the problem much more quickly than we can do here.