Who Want To See This Fixed, I Do.

DRAWZILLA

+18, as in 18 is the number of years I have been using Chief! :) and stairs are still an issue.

That just baffles my mind - the number one request from users and it has not been able to be fixed - who knows if X8 has a nice surprise for all of us whiners

Sorry Alan,

May have crossed the line a little bit. I have appreciated you on this forum. I stand behind what I said in general but I owe you an apology because you are basically an encourager to others. Your not the problem. 

Forgiveness?

Not to worry Joey, we're just exchanging ideas & opinions. 

Nothing wrong with that.

At 67 I don't get my feather ruffed too often & when I do I remind myself life is too short to be upset.

All good here.

I would be willing to test stairs and railings if it didn't effect the correct version so that I could still work on things and I was sent a seperate file to work on with stairs

That should never be the problem, I guess that's what the Alpha and Beta is for.

I too  still experience the moving stairs...  can't explain why,  but they do move....  primarily the switch backs with a landing.

Yes! And I thought it was my lack of understanding of Chief.

It is likely that the reason the stair/railing issues have not been corrected as requested is that CA has not come up with a workable solution yet. Stairs are the most difficult aspect in programing for a 2D/3D environment. I have yet to see a program that handles all the possible permutations of stair designs smoothly. It seems that someone could though. It is a complex system. The 3D has to look right in 2D as the stair passes from story to story. You can build a stair in Sketchup in 3D and with layer settings, turn off some of the detailed 3D elements so it will show correctly in plan, but even that is not o great as the plan cut is horizontal and the stair cut is vertical. Vertical so the tread, riser, rail and balusters show correctly.