Cabinet Defaults

basilbabaa

I have set in default settings to apply a shoe mold to cabinet bases.  However, when adding the cabinets, the shoe does not appear in 3D views.

The only way I seem to be able to do this is to manually edit every cabinet and add the shoe mold individually.

What am I doing wrong/missing?

Thanks.

I assume so since I am able to manually add the moldings to each individual cabinet object and they show up in the 3D view that Default moldings applied to cabinets would show up there as well.  Is there another place I need to check?

Cabinet moldings are not dynamic defaults.

This means that if you add or change any moldings in your cabinet defaults that it will not affect any cabinets that have already been placed.  It should show up for any new cabinets that are placed though.

If you need to change the moldings for any previously placed cabinets, you can group select them to add/change the molding.  You could also delete the existing ones and place new ones.

I do think there should be some more intelligence to the selection and placement of moldings on Cabinets.

With the Room Moldings, when a "Crown Molding" is selected, Chief assumes it should be at the ceiling and when a "Base Molding" is selected Chief assumes it should be at the floor.

It just makes sense to me that the same should be true for Cabinets.  IOW, if I add a "Base Molding" to a Cabinet or to the Cabinet Defaults, Chief should recognize that it should be at the bottom, not at the top.  If I add a "Edge Molding" then it should be on the Counter Top.

Why don't you just post a small plan with the set up and somebody will give you an answer in about 23.23 seconds.  Thank you.

I've attached a new basic X7 plan.

I've tried applying the default settings after setting the defaults.

I am obviously missing something.

Thanks for the help and input.

Test Plan.plan

post-5958-0-88570400-1431629980_thumb.png

post-5958-0-77367000-1431629990_thumb.png

post-5958-0-83321000-1431630002_thumb.png

By any chance, in the main cabinet DBX to you have the cabinet Floor to Bottom set at Auto Adjust Height, Use Finish Floor. If not the small molding will be hidden by the floor material thickness.

Graham

Gotta run to a job site...  I'll look at this when I return.  Thanks.

Is this an example where you can use the USE SAME PROPERTIES EYEDROPPER.  I profess my ignorance to this new tool,  but CA and some others think it is the best thing since the belly putter.  

Will this tool work for moldings?

I think he just expected that existing cabine

Is this an example where you can use the USE SAME PROPERTIES EYEDROPPER.  I profess my ignorance to this new tool,  but CA and some others think it is the best thing since the belly putter.  

Will this tool work for moldings?

I haven't tried it but it should.

Yes.  I see where it is working for you all with the plan I uploaded, however as Kbird1 indicated, it is not working for me.

I do not know what setting else can be the cause?

I have included this video of me checking the settings and performing the task of adding new cabinets to both in plan and 3D view.  Cabinets are still not applied with moldings from the default settings. However I am able to manually add them manually by editing the cabinet object.

Please note, I have also since installed X7 in a Parallels desktop virtual Windows 8.1 session and it performs identically...  Obviously I am doing something incorrectly.

Thanks for taking a look to see if I am overlooking something...  I appreciate and further feedback or suggestions...

http://www.screencast.com/t/2OGeYD3lUJz

Hi Joe - I was wondering if they are identified in the library catalog so you know before selecting the item.

Graham

That depends entirely on what the settings were when they were added to the Library.  In the case of most Chief supplied symbols I would assume the answer would be yes.  For things you add to the User Library it depends on what you saved them as.